Experience the magic of Morocco…
Join Reset Retreat in partnership with Traverse Journeys as we explore yoga and art in beautiful Morocco this Oct 5 to 12, 2018. Discover magical Marrakech, see the Sahara desert, and meet the creatives and artisans of Morocco on this unforgettable 8-day adventure.
Accommodation, Meals & Travel
• 5 nights’ accommodations in boutique guesthouses
• 2 nights’ Sahara desert camping experience
• Daily breakfast & dinner + 3 lunches
• 1 Traverse guide and 1 local guide 24/7 + dedicated drivers
• Transfers to/from airport
• Small group experience, max 12 people
Yoga, Art & Experiences
• 2x daily yoga with Gigi Mao + meditation
• Excursion to Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah
• Sahara desert excursion with 2 nights all-inclusive camping complete with camel rides, permanent structure tents with real beds, stargazing, traditional music & food and an oasis trek
• Visit to a traditional Berber textile women’s co-op + trip contribution to their organization
• Marrakech souk tour and hamman spa day
• Group cooking class
• Additional excursions and activities during retreat
• +$895 – 4 night surf trip add-on (Oct 12-16)
• +$895 – 3 night Fes & Chefchaoten add-on (Oct 12-15)
- per person
- per person
RESET RETREAT FEATURED IN
DAY 1: FRIDAY – ARRIVAL
Arrive in Marrakech by 4 p.m. and be transported to your riad style accommodations complete with vibrant mosaics and atrium gardens. Rest up, meet your roommate, and join for our Welcome Dinner to meet your guides for the week. Gigi will close out our evening with a grounding post-travel flow & meditation.
DAY 2: SATURDAY – SOUKS & ART IN MARRAKECH
After an energizing morning flow & breakfast, we’ll start our explorations of Marrakech’s vibrant souks (markets) and see some of the city’s landmark sites including the Moorish Medersa ben Youssef, the opulent Bahia Palace and the picturesque Jewish Quarter. You’ll see the infamous Jemaa el Fna and have time in the afternoon for your own explorations before evening dinner & yoga.
DAY 3: SUNDAY – KASBAH OF AIT BEN HADDOU
After yoga & breakfast we’ll hit the road early for our Sahara Desert excursion. We’ll arrive at the striking Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage listed city that once had a prominent position in the trans-Saharan trade route. You’ll have the whole afternoon for exploring its shops, cafés and walking streets. We’ll stay just outside the village in the evening where we’ll enjoy a grounding flow with Gigi and a spectacular Moroccan dinner.
DAY 4: MONDAY – SAHARA DESERT EXCURSION
After yoga & breakfast we’ll hop back in the van for our next destination across the Atlas Mountains. We’ll arrive at the dunes around mid-day (with plenty of stops for photos & food!) and will ride camels the rest of the way in to our Berber camp. After settling in, we’ll stretch out with yoga before a delicious desert meal and campfire against a backdrop of stars & traditional Moroccan music.
DAY 5: TUESDAY – SAHARA DESERT
After sunrise yoga & breakfast, the day is yours to choose your desert adventure! Stay at camp for R&R or get out and hike or dune surf. Or, you can join for our group trek to an oasis where we’ll learn to make a meal in a sand oven! We’ll reconvene in the evening for yoga, dinner and another night of music under the stars.
DAY 6: WEDNESDAY – BERBER TEXTILE CO-OP
After yoga & breakfast, we’ll say goodbye to our desert camp and hop back on camels to our vehicles. From there we’ll head to our community partner, a women’s textile co-op where we’ll learn about crafting traditions that these groups work so hard to preserve while boosting the livelihoods of women throughout the country. After lunch we’ll make our way back to Marrakech where Gigi will guide us in an evening grounding yoga before dinner.
DAY 7: THURSDAY – MARRAKECH HAMMAN & SHOPPING
We’ll follow yoga & breakfast today with a special visit to a hamman, or spa, where you’ll soak in the baths and receive a scrub treatment and have options for massage. The rest of the day is yours for shopping & exploring before evening yoga and our farewell dinner.
DAY 8: FRIDAY – DEPARTURE OR OPTIONAL ADD-ON
Gigi will offer extra early yoga this morning before departures to the airport. Or, choose to add on a few days for Surfing or head with us to Fes & Chefchaouen (see descriptions below).
- Transfer from Marrakech to Taghazout
- 4 nights accommodations with fresh, healthy meals starting dinner the first night to breakfast departure morning
- Daily surf lessons with instructor, board, wetsuit and transit
- A trip to the famous Paradise Valley natural pools
- A trip to the souk to experience how locals prepare for the week
- Airport transfers to Agadir airport
FEZ & CHEFCHAOUEN ADD-ON:
- 3 nights’ accommodations in boutique, high-end guesthouses
- Daily breakfast + 1 dinner + 2 afternoon teas
- Artisanal tour in Fes to see tile making, pottery, metalworks and tanneries
- Explore the beautiful, blue-doored charm of Chefchaouen
- All transfers between cities, including train, private van and taxis
- Airport transfer to Tangier
- 1 Traverse representative 24/7